Search This Blog

Friday, March 5, 2021

UPCYCLED BLUE JEANS
~nothing goes to waste~


 Having had parents who grew up in the depression and learning through osmosis seeing them recycle and reuse everything, I find I do the same.

Denim is one of those durable fabrics that begs to be reused in some fashion.  And I have spent a lot of time doing just that!  Pillows, coasters, tote bags.  Just about anything that allows me to find form and function and durability - denim fits the bill.  But NOT store bought, no sirree, has to be recycled for me to feel really good about the finished project.

What recycled denim projects have you tackled?  What gives you the most satisfaction from reusing that awesome material?

Below are some photos of items I've made, gifted, sold etc.  




And then I made something on a whim that turned out better than I expected.  It was bits and pieces of leftover jeans from other projects, stitched to a foundation fabric then stretched over a blank canvas for wall art.






So many other items I never took photos of.  But you get the idea.  UPCYCLE those jeans and jean skirts/shirts!  The fun you can have creating beautiful items with things you would normally throw away.

No comments: